Universal will donate more than 200,000 master recordings from the '20-40s, to be published on the Web. [13jan11]
"Once again, absolutely nothing enters the Public Domain this year". [04jan11]
A new landscape of possibilities for research and education in the humanities. [17dec10]
Here below please find some selected news related to latest and upcoming activities and events of COMMUNIA - The European Thematic Network on the Digital Public Domain. [27sept09]
- 6th COMMUNIA Workshop: Memory Institutions and Public Domain (1-2/10/09, Barcelona, Spain)
Under the title "Accessing, Using, Reusing Public Sector Content and Data", the 6th Communia Workshop will take place on Thursday 1 and Friday 2 October 2009 at the aula magna of the Universitat De Barcelona, located in Gran Vía Corts Catalanes 585, 08007 Barcelona, Spain.
The event is organized under three main sessions: National heritage preservation: legal issues & implications, Progressions from open access to the public domain: in museums, archives and film institutes, Developing the public domain of the future.
For more information: http://communia-project.eu/ws06
- Second COMMUNIA Conference material now available
Our website now provides the entire set of material presented at our Second Conference (Torino, 28-30 June 2009) available for free download. Overall there are 22 presentations, 9 abstracts, 10 papers, and 2 audio files (56:35 and 11:04 minutes). Just go to http://communia-project.eu/downloads and choose Second Communia Conference.
- 2009 Network Enlargement
Recently we completed our second (and final) Member Enlargement in order to reach the Network full capacity of 51 members. The ten new members will starting getting involved in the COMMUNIA activities with the upcoming Barcelona Workshop.
The ten new Network members are:
1. Helsinki University of Technology, Finland
2. Ljudmila (NGO), Slovenia
3. Haifa Center for Law & Technology, Israel
4. A Face (Association for Fair Audiovisual Copyright in Europe)
5. National Library of the Czech Republic
6. Iuridicum Remedium o.s (NGO), Czech Republic
7. University of Trento, Italy
8. Ozyegin University, Turkey
9. Digitale Allmend (NGO), Switzerland
10. Institute of Development Studies at the University of Sussex (UK)
- Just a few of several news items regularly posted on our website:
ResearchGATE launches a free self-archiving repository
Google Books settlement at risk?
Policy proposals for Canadian copyright law
Celebration of the Online Commonwealth
Feel free to forward this newsletter wherever appropriate.
For any inquiries or information:
Presentations, papers and other material related to COMMUNIA events are available in the download page